MAEER’s MIT College of Railway Engineering & Research, Barshi is committed to providing safe academic and working environment to all students and its women employees. As per the guidelines of Supreme Court, UGC, Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013, an Internal Complaints Committee has been established by the College from academic year 2019-20.
The objectives of the Internal Complaint Committee to Prevent Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace are as follows:
To develop a policy against sexual harassment of women at the Institute.
2) To evolve a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender-based violence at the Institute.
3) To ensure the implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures.
4) To uphold the commitment of the Institute to provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination.
5) To create a secure physical and social environment to deter any act of sexual harassment.
6) To promote a social and psychological environment to raise awareness on sexual harassment in its various forms.
Here it should be noted that according to the Supreme Court guideline Sexual harassment can be defined as “unwelcome” sexually determined behavior (whether directly or by implication) as:
The following is also sexual harassment and is covered by the committee:
|Sr. No.||Name of Member||Department||Designation in Committee|
|1.||Dr. Bharati Revadkar||Marathi, Shivaji College Barshi||Chairman|
|2.||Prof. Ms. Trupti Deshmukh||Computer||Member Secretary|
|3.||Prof. Rohini Rankhamb||Computer||Member|
|4.||Dr. Ajam Shaikh||HOD-FE||Member|
|5.||Mr. Vinayak Mandave||I/C OS||Member|
|6.||Mr. Jivraj Bhore||Non-Teaching||Member|
|7.||Ms. Pallavi Darekar||TE(Comp)-Student||Member|
|8.||Mr. Yashwant Shete||TE(Civil)- Student||Member|
|9.||Ms. Kirti Choudhari||TE(Mech)-Student||Member|
|10.||Ad. Shrikrishna Bhosale||NGO/ Law Officer||Member|