MIT College of Railway Engineering and Research, Barshi, Solapur provides regular guidance and support to students to undergo internships in reputed companies and organizations. The purpose of the internship is to bridge the gap between academic knowledge and industry needs. By doing so, the student can gather basic training and will enhance his/her chances of placement.
MITCORER offers Internship Opportunities for students to enroll in summer and winter terms. During these terms, the students are allowed to go for an internship without obstructing their regular academic activities.
The objective of the Internship: To Provide an opportunity for the student to understand corporate practices and achieve knowledge in the practical field of an organization in order to make the theoretical knowledge more fruitful and realistic.
- The benefit to the student: He/she is likely to get a job in the company where the internship is being done. Also, the students get an opportunity to use all their academic skills in a company in real-life projects and obtain experience.
- The benefit to the company: The Company gets an opportunity to look at recruiting some good quality interns from college and decide if they wish to join the such field.
Steps for Undertaking an Internship
- Step1: The opportunity availability of internship offer will be shared on the common placement portal or notice board from the Training and placement cell.
- Step 2: The student who is interested will apply for the opportunity. The application will cite the tenure and company where the student is interested in taking an internship.
- Step 3: The student will be advised about the tenure and start of the Internship from the company. After completion, the student will submit a report on the internship. Also, the student will submit a copy certificate of completion to the Department and TPO.
Note: The Student is responsible for the successful completion of the Internship by sustaining the Prestige of the Institute. If any student fails to do the same then the Internship of the student will not be granted.