A. ELIGIBILITY & REGISTRATION
1. All students who expect to graduate from the Institute by the end of the academic year 2020-21 &2021-22 and are seeking employment may register for campus placements with placement office. Placement Registration is for ONE ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY
2. Registration for all programmes will be done during the month of April 2020
3. Campus placement is a facility provided for the students. Registration is not compulsory. Students not interested in placement are advised not to register for placement.
4. Students having backlog of 4 or more subjects are not permitted to register for placement. Such students are advised to clear the backlogs and then register after the May end semester examinations
5. Students who have graduated in 2020-21, but not placed due to various genuine reasons, may be permitted to re-register with the approval of the concerned authorities. They will be permitted to appear for placement only from Aug 2021
6. Each registered student will be given a Placement Registration (PR) Number to access the placement notices, company announcements and to submit the resumes
7. Students are advised to read the announcements made, go through the company website and apply only if interested
8. Students are expected to follow the institute resume template available in the placement website for preparing the resumes
9. The details of the resume have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be disallowed from the placement for the rest of the academic year
10. Students have to upload and submit their resumes on the portal to individual companies well before the deadline. Resume once submitted cannot be modified. DEADLINES WILL NOT BE EXTENDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE
11. Students are advised to avoid last minute uploading, as it may lead to delays and some may even be left out
C. PRE-PLACEMENT TALKS
12. Notices of the PPT will be published on the placement notice well in advance. Students should occupy the venue 15-mintues before the scheduled start of the PPT
13. Students interested in a particular company, must attend its PPT without fail
14. Attendance will be taken and only those students who have attended a particular PPT will be eligible to apply for that company
15. In cases where the students have to upload the resume prior to the PPT, they can voluntarily drop from that company’s selection process after attending the PPT
16. Students must go through the complete selection process of a particular company, once their resumes are uploaded
17. Any clarification regarding salary break-up, job profile, place of work, bond details etc. must be sought from the companies during PPT
18. DRESS CODE: Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any interaction with a company including PPT. The placement office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process / PPT, if they are not formally dressed
D. PLACEMENT PROCESS
19. It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements / notices / updated information / shortlisted names etc. in the notice boards of Placement Office / Website/Portal. Students are expected to be punctual
20. ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY
a) A student who applies and gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the company. Any student who withdraws deliberately in the middle of a selection process will be disallowed from placement for the rest of the academic year
b) LATE COMERS FOR APTITUDE TEST / GD / INTERVIEW may not be allowed to appear for the selection process
21. DISCIPLINE: Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behavior in every action they take during the placement process. Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the company or defaming the institute name will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year
a) Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process (PPT / Test / GD / Interview) will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
20.ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY
23. PRE PLACEMENT OFFERS
a) The Placement Office has de-linked Pre-Placement Offers (PPO) from placements. Hence, students who have a PPO (that has not yet been accepted) will be allowed to register for placements. However, such students will be eligible to appear for placements only until the day on which the company (which has offered PPO) visits the campus
b) The offer of PPO (by the company) and its acceptance (by the student) shall be through placement office only
c) Once a student accepts PPO, he / she shall be de-registered from placement
a) Each student is eligible for only one job offer.
b) Note*: Students shall be eligible for other offer if next offered salary is greater than 50% of present offered salary
a) If a student receives more than one offer in a session / day and if there is a delay in the announcement of results by some companies, the student is bound to accept the job offer of the company whose results are declared in time
b) If the results are declared on the same session / day, the student may choose from the offers in hand and inform the placement office of his/her choice, within 24 hrs of announcement of results.
25. Offer Acceptance: The students should inform the acceptance of offer within 24 hours (on the day following the release of offer)
26. WAITLIST: In case of those students who are placed and waitlisted by other companies, they will be given 5 days to accept the offer on hand
27. OFFER OF JOB: Announcement on the notice board will be considered as firm offer. Offers received from companies must be collected as per timings in circular / notice. The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking actions therein such as submission of documents lies entirely with the student. All offers (made by the companies) shall be through this office only. This office will not be in a position to resolve problems, if any, that may arise with respect to offers made directly to the student by the company.F. INTERNSHIP OFFERS
28. MEDICAL TEST: The Placement office assumes that every selected student will pass the medical test. If there is a rejection at this stage, the student registration will be renewed and the student becomes eligible again to seek placement through this office. Students should go through and understand instructions related to medical test carefully. The same should also be adequately clarified during PPT.
29. JOINING STATUS: In case of students who go for higher studies and hence decide not to join the company, should inform the company in writing at the earliest with the copy to Placement Office.
30. IDENTITY CARDS: Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process
31. For all matters not covered by the above regulations, the Placement Office will use its discretion to take appropriate decisions. The decision taken by Placement office shall be binding on all students.
GDK GLOBAl- 4.5LPA
TCS- TCS Code Vita 3.6LPA to 7.2LPA