Women Grevience Cell
MAEER’s MIT College of Railway Engineering & Research, Barshi is committed to provide safe academic and working environment to all students and its women employees. As per the guidelines of Supreme Court, UGC, Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013, an Internal Complaint Committee has been established by the College from the academic year 2019-20.
Objectives:The objectives of the Internal Complaint Committee to Prevent Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace are as follows:
- To develop a policy against sexual harassment of women at the Institute.
- To evolve a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender-based violence at the Institute.
- To ensure the implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures.
- To uphold the commitment of the Institute to provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination.
- To create a secure physical and social environment to deter any act of sexual harassment.
- To promote a social and psychological environment to raise awareness on sexual harassment in its various forms.
Roles and Responsibilities of College Internal Complaints Committee
Here it should be noted that according to the Supreme Court guideline Sexual harassment can be defined as “unwelcome” sexually determined behavior (whether directly or by implication) as:
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment, by promoting gender amity among students and employees.
- Make recommendations to the management for changes/elaborations in the Rules for students in the Prospectus and the Bye-Laws, to make them gender just and to lay down procedures for the prohibition, resolution, settlement and prosecution of acts of discrimination and sexual harassment, by the students and the employees.
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment.
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party to the Management.
- Physical contact and advances;
- Demand or request for sexual favors;
- Sexually colored remarks;
- Showing pornography and
- Other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature. (Vishaka judgment by Supreme Court)
- Unsavory remarks,
- Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment,
- Innuendos and taunts,
- Gender based insults or sexist remarks,
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and the like,
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like,
- Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings,
- Forcible physical touch or molestation and
- Physical confinement against one’s will and any other act likely to violate one’s privacy.
Members:The Internal Complaints Committee consists of the following members:
|Name of Member
|Designation in Committee
|Dr. Bharati Revadkar
|Marathi, Shivaji College Barshi
|Prof. Alka Taur
|Prof. Shobhna Raichurkar
|Dr. Ratnakar Sakhare
|Mr. Vinayak Mandave
|Mr. Jivraj Bhore
|Ms. Pooja Choudhari
|Mast. Rushikesh Thorat
|Ms. Atharvi Mhatre
|Ad. Shrikrishna Bhosale
|NGO/ Law Officer